Monastery of Aghios Nicholas
The Monastery of St. Nicholas, is built on the riverside of Metsovitikos river on a hillside with vineyards. It was built around 1332, renovated in 1700 and 1960. The temple dates back to the late 17th century and frescoes from the 18th century, while some of them designed was designed by Stelios Papagiannis.
Monastery of The Virgin Mary
The Monastery of the Virgin Mary is dedicated on the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and is located on the riverside of Metsovotikos river. It was built in the 17th century. The cathedral contains fresoes and Icons from 1754.
St. George is located in a park and contains all types of trees found in Pindus National Park.
Church of Aghia Paraskevi
The church of Ag. Paraskevi is located in Metsovo - in the center of the village - and perhaps has the most remarkable temple. For the original construction there are no written records, and renovations of the church marked in 1511, 1705, 1759 and 1894 at the expense of Georgios Averof, as well as the Tositsa Foundation in 1959 and 1991-4. The church in its current form, is built on a three-aisled basilica, while the presence of cells indicates that the church was the church of a monastery. In the courtyard stands spire, built in the period 1880-1885, at the expense of Georgios Averoff. The interior of the church contains remarkable woodcarvings (icons, bishop's throne, pulpits). The temple of the church (formerly Gold) dates to 1730 and is the work of craftsmen from Metsovo. On the temple the image of St. Nicholas of Metsovo dated 1755 is notable. Also on the temple there are 10 great Icons, most of which are dated to the period 1820-1834. The image of Agia Paraskevi is dated 1753.
The "Ancient Sacred Synagogue of Ioannina" is one of the largest and oldest buildings, preserved in Greece (Corfu, Halkida, Rhodes). The monument consists of a rectangular vaulted pillared hall with many windows.
Beyond the built inscriptions on renovations of the building, the reconstruction time of the synagogue is unknown. It was probably built over an older one. A second synagogue in the city of Ioannina was outside the castle (Arsaki Street and Joseph Elijah). The Jewish community of Ioannina is mentioned since the Byzantine period. In the decree of the Emperor Andronicus II in the year 1319 «freedom and peace" was given to the city's Jews. After the persecution of Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain in 1492 many Spanish Jews fled to Giannina. Until the Nazi persecution the Jewish community was an important factor in the local economy and history. Until the 60s a Jewish school functioned while the town cemetery is preserved today, buildings from the Jewish neighbourhood and the Synagogue in the Castle.